What a great but busy few weeks we have had. We went to Lexington to celebrate Pops 60th birthday and had such a great time with both sides of our family and all of our friends. We all gave him the "Nascar Experience" where he got to come to nashville and drive a for real race car! He loved it.
Then Robbins and I packed up the car and headed out on our first long distance solo car trip to Charleston. J.Ed had a business trip so he flew in later. I have a good friend who does this all the time so I reached out to her for tips and any advice for staying sane on a 9 hourish car trip. Luckily the kid was amazing, there and back. He had so much fun with Lee and Ryan and they were the best hosts. We went to the pool, the beach, ate great food and just had good relaxing qt together. We are very lucky to have them as friends. Charleston is so special to J.Ed and I and we were excited to get to bring Robbins back "to where it all began" 7 years(insert gasp here) ago.
Then Robbins, Dottie and I headed for a quick trip to Lexington last weekend to celebrate Ellie and Harper Chambers who will be joining us in August. It was so fun getting to see Emily open her gifts and celebrate with people who have been praying for these babies long before they were here. On a funny note, Robbins went crazy and when i say crazy I mean jumping from couch to couch and running in circles crazy. Why you ask? Well it was totally my fault. I am not a person who is anti some sugar or chocolate now in then by any stretch, it's just in reality we don't keep it in the house b/c yours truly and my other half will devour anythign like that. All that to say Robbins does not eat a lot of it. So trying to appease him as a tower of delicious cupcakes sat waiting to be eaten during the shower, I kept giving him M&M's to keep him away. Anyone who knows me will find it even funnier that it was M&M's as they are also my kryptonite. Anyway after about 10 minutes of M&M consumption and half a cupcake I literally had a mad man. It's funny now but at the time I really was like I think I might pass out and who's child is this? It was quite an experience and definitly made me a believer in the power of sugar in kiddos.
Well I guess I should talk a little bit about Baby Lowe. I will be 18 weeks Saturday and am feeling good. had a slump there for a couple weeks with neck pain and allergies but a trip to the chiropractor and some Zyrtec and all is well. At our 16 week appointment the heartbeat was great and everything looked good. We are finding out boy or girl on June 23rd. I am super excited but despite others beliefs I really don't care what it is. There are lots of little girls being born around the time I am due which would be great but I also love the idea of Robbins having a brother, there is a lot to be said for same sex siblings and their relationships. Anyway, sorry for the long one but I am a slow blogger so I had some time to cover.
No comments:
Post a Comment