J.Ed in his #1 dad hat that Robbins made for him

My heart:)

His hat and card from Robbins

How cute is that, and how big are that kids feet!

Playing in Piper's pool with Haynes

What a fun Father's Day we had! We started off with presents for dad. A custom, #1 dad hat and card from Robbins and a cordless drill from me. After church J.Ed and I headed to see Allegria, cirque du solei. It was great, I had never seen anything like it and it was a great afternoon for J.Ed and I to just have lunch and get to hang out. Then we headed over to the Kelton's for a cookout with our community group. To say I adore this group of people is an understatement. Who would have known 4 years ago and 10 kids later(including those that have moved away or are on the way) we would all still be fellowshipping together to laugh, learn and just have an all around good time. J.Ed, Robbins and I have been very blessed by our church family and look forward to many more years! So to you J.Ed the best father and husband in the world...Happy Father's Day. Carter said in church today that the #1 way a father can love and teach his children is to love the Lord and his wife first and model that in his life. Thank you for loving me and loving God even more. I am so grateful for your love, friendship and leadership in our family:) I can't wait to see what God has in store for our expanding family. I also want to give a shout out to J.Ed's dad,Pops, and wish him a fab father's day! He is hilarious, always a good time and a dr. of mixology but most importantly a deeply supportive man and he loves his boys(and his girls) to no end. Thanks for all you do for us!
I also want to say Happy Father's Day to the other best dad in the world, my dad! There are not enought thank you's in the world for you poppy. Seeing is how we are so much alike, below are the things I am thankful for that you have given me or things I want to be like you in:)
1. your eyes
2. your confidence
3. your stuborness
4. your generous spirit- a constatnt prayer of mine to give the way you do and so freely
5. a love of sports- J.Ed informed me the reason he married me was because of my love of Sunday golf watching-thanks dad!
6. your rule following- i struggle with this one sometimes but overall I am a pretty big stickler for the rules. Unless I have a better idea obviously(insert sturboness here).
7. Overall interest in politics, religion, current events- I always loved our in depth talks when we walked and our ideas to solve the world, even though they differ sometimes.
This is just a tiny glimpse of the things I am thankful for about you but most of all the joy of seeing you love mom and us through all the ups and downs and seeing your love for the Lord and your desire to follow Him grow is the greatest gift you have given me and my marriage. Love you Poppy! Happy Father's Day to all of you out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment