We headed to Memphis this past weekend to visit for my sweet nephew William's second birthday. I absolutely love when these two are together. The play so great but also bring things out in one another that I adore. like Robbins is a bit louder then Robbins but when there together they just squeal with excitement and William knows his way around my parents house and toys so well and it's as if he's like"follow me Robbins I'll show you how to do it". So sweet.
I also got to spend some quality time with some great friends including one late night talk fest, thanks Alicia for introducing me to Jimmy Fallon's Thank You notes. My new favorite:) As most of you know I am a talker so 5 hour convos with a friend of 15 years is one of the most precious gifts to me. There is just something that swells your soul when you connect with people on a level like that. So grateful for relationships like that and looking forward to spending time with a few more of these type friends in July. You also might start to notice me getting a little more detailed and frequent with these posts. I love the idea of getting this printed for a baby book so i want to make sure I capture all the details. So feel free to skim over the baby details if it bores you.
Robbins 22 month update:
Little man is not so little. At his sick visit two weeks ago he was 32 lbs and 36 inches. He wears a size 8 shoe and is a jumping fool. He is really into balls especially basket and soccer balls and shooting hoops on his goal. He wants to be just like his dad and fix things so I found this great tiny little hammer at Loews so he can copy dad when he is out in the garage. He is such a talker and it amazes me how these sentences, full sentences, are coming out of his mouth. His favorite foods right now are waffles, strawberries, bananas, spaghetti, turkey dogs and cheese. The craziest change from this summer to last is to see him in the pool. This kid is crazy! He really has no fear so he is wearing a vest b/c he will jump in off the side of the pool without any warning (we are working on this) so we literally stand there with our hands out ready at all times. I love that he is a daredeveil but we really want to instill a healthy fear/respect of water as well. So since most swim lessons around here require you to be 2 (those that are not a million dollars at least), my friend Kelly who was a swim coach is going to come over and work with him some just to teach the basics. He already holds his breath under water and loves going under so I hope that is a good start for many years of good times in the water.
Almost 20 weeks and the gender reveal:
I will be 20 weeks Saturday and we find out what baby Lowe #2 is next Thursday. Right now things are moving right along. I feel good and have noticed the baby moving more, especially at night. I will say it is already hotter here in June then it was during August when I was pregnant with Robbins so that part is not awesome but our whole little family loves to be outside so pretty much I just drink a ton of water and deal with it, swollen fingers and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment