Thursday, June 30, 2011

What's In a Name

The naming of baby girl Lowe has been a neat little Journey for J.Ed and I. I have to admit I pretty much had creative license over the naming of Robbins(my mom's maiden name) Bilby(my MIL's maiden name) Lowe(I guess this is J.Ed's contribution):) so I really wanted J.Ed to feel apart of the process this time. Well, apparently I forgot about that and decided before we found out it was baby girl is that our girl name would be Patterson(my great grandfather's middle name) Katherine(J.Ed's grandmother's middle name and after my granny Kate). The funny thing is I said this out loud on multiple occasions and not once did J.Ed object or really even give an opinion. he just kept saying, i want to wait to find out what it is before I really think about it. That's my engineer, the practical to my ridiculous, the level head to my day dreams and the thoughtfulness to my impulse. Love him.

So the big day came, baby Lowe is a girl. Great, can't wait to meet Patterson Katherine I think and right about this time my well laid plans begin to crash around me(drama added for effect). J.Ed tells me, I don't really like the name Patterson for a girl. Can you hear the crash?

Well after a couple weeks of back and forth with double names(J.Ed was going that direction). He pulls out the one. It's beautiful, strong, and sounds great with Lowe. Little girl will be Landry Katherine Lowe. The alliteration, the mongram, aah perfect! I really love it, even more than Patterson now(funny how things work) and I love seeing J.Ed beam with pride for coming up with it. So that's what's in that name and I can't wait to meet the face that goes with it.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I know you probably don't want to hear it, but a friend of mine recently had a little girl and named her Landry (she lives in GA though, really far away, lol). However, when I heard the name, man, I fell in love. It is a beautiful name!!! She will be a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love landry! soooo cute. it is funny...josh and i went through something similar...except we both loved our first girl name. then, when we found out it was a girl, something changed...and now i love our name even more than the first. crazy how it all works out! love love love landry!

    ReplyDelete