Mother's Day 2011...What a difference a year makes
I made it. The first trimester is over and things are looking up. Fortunatly I have actually felt better for a few weeks but for some reason baby Lowe #2 hit me hard for about 4 weeks. I am talking flu like sickness that my first pregnancy couldn't rival. I know it's strange but part of me misses it b/c you go for a while without a dr. appt or ultrasound so that sickness is sort of like a reminder that yep, I'm pregnant. So needles to say this mothers day has taken on a whole new meaning with one awesome 21 month old(ps I'm so ready to start using years) and another on the way.
We had such a great weekend. All the grandparents came up and the men folk worked their tails off building Robbins his early birthday swing set and playhouse. We figured go ahead and do it now so he can enjoy it all summer instead of waiting until August. The moms took me maternity clothes shopping and oh my was it sucsessful and we had a great time celebrating Mother's Day with church and a great meal. It is so strange to think about Mother's Day last year compared to this year and even crazier to think what next year will be like. As I was celebrated by Robbins and J.Ed I realized how blesses he and I both are to get to celebrate the mothers we get to celebrate.
My mom is beautiful, nurturing, tells it like it is, a friend to everyone, selfless, and godly. J.Ed's mom, the woman who raised this boy to become this man who loves the Lord so deeply and leads our family, is seriously the sweetest woman in the world, hilarious, has a servants heart and shows her love for all of us in so many different ways. I am so thankful b/c I know it is not like this for everyone and I pray that I can be half of what BOTH of these women are one day. Happy Mother's Day!
So happy for you guys! The adventure is just beginning :) You are a beautiful, wonderful mom. P.S. We gotta come play on that swing set.
ReplyDeleteuhhhmmm Hello !! CONGRATS on #2 !!! so exciting :). and uhh did yall put together the swing set. we have been meaning to go get ours but i dont think any of us want to put it together !!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What exciting news!!!! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly.
ReplyDelete