Robbins you are my boy. And I mean that in the purest definition of the word. On one hand you are everything I envisioned my little boy to be. Strong in mind, body and spirit as well as adventurous, brave and loud. And on the other you are sensitive, an observer like your father, extremely aware of others feelings and so incredibly affectionate it melts me. How did this happen? How did you get an iron will coupled with a gentle spirit? Who knew a 3 year old could be so complex? I love it.
You have moved up into room 5 at Belle Meade Children's Center and are continuing to learn and grow with all your friends. What a blessing that place is to us. You know all your alphabet on site and are now learning the sounds they make. You still love music class and apparently are a very helpful cleaner(must not have gotten the memo at home:)) You are still a power eater and I am curious to see how much you weigh and how tall you are at your Dr. appt. next week. Last time we checked you were 40lbs and 39 inches, needless to say, not small. You love to mimic your dad and pretend to mow,trim and blow the lawn. You still love your work bench and all things sports. A big bonus for us this year has been your fascination with the Summer Olympics, swimming in particular. You would get so excited every time it was on and we had to wear our goggles and swim cap at all times. You even got to where you recognized Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte anytime, even in interviews. It's fun to see you get so excited about something.
You have been very fortunate to have some great school friends and you are a really big fan of your community group friends, especially the ladies:) Hands down though your cousins William and your cousin Logan get you oh so excited. You talk about them, especially William, all the time and I think would play with both or either of them non stop if you could. You have been so good with your sister and I am really proud of the big brother you have become. You are quick to help with getting clothes or diapers whenever I need them and you always run up and giver her a hug and help her if she falls over trying to crawl.
Robbins you were our first little baby and are teaching us so much (patience anyone?) and you are so special for so many reasons. I cannot wait to see what this next year has in store for you. I decided last year to start picking a verse for each of you every year to claim/pray over you for the next year and this is yours. Prayer for strength from the one who gives it.
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." Psalm 28:7
Happy Birthday Robbins!
1 day old
6 months old
1 year old
14 months old
2 years old
3 years old






No comments:
Post a Comment