If you follow me on Instagram you are probably super sick of seeing that hash tag but sorry it continues. Saturday we celebrated my 30th Birthday with a big dinner at Table 3 in Nashville. It was really fun to get to hang out and visit with friends and family. I felt very fortunate to have some really great people drive 200+ miles just to celebrate with me for one night.
People keep asking me if I am freaking out about being 30 or if I'm upset,etc. My honest answer is not at all. I look at where I am and what all I have been blessed with and am thankful for what the last 30 years has given me. A childhood and parents that gave me a foundation of respect, trust and faith, a great big brother who now has a great family of his own, a high school experience that was not only fun(yes you read that correctly, I liked hs) but also left me with lifelong friends, a college experience that to this day I still look back on with pride because "I believe in Auburn and I love it", a couple vacation like years in Charleston that were some of the most fun times of my life and introduced me to the man of my dreams and now here in Nashville, married 6 years, 2 healthy kids, incredible church family and great friends. As sinners saved by grace, our lives are about as far from perfect as you can get so don't let my previous comments fool you but when I take a look at the last 30 years I am humbled by our blessings and can look back with 20/20 vision at those moments that didn't feel so blessed and see God's hand. Instead of looking forward to the next 30 years, which I contemplated, a bucket list of sorts, I think I'm going to do something my planner personality doesn't take much time to do. I am going to stop and wait and enjoy now. Novel idea I know. Be present and all in, in this moment, at this age, in this year 30. Not thinking of when are we going to sell the house? Where are the kids going to go to school? What's next for me in my career? Those are questions for the future and answers that I don't yet have, so for now the answer is, "Be still..." To be honest with you, my mind is looking forward to a break:)
Thanks to everyone who has made the last 30 years pretty incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment