Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trunk or Treat and Gentry's Farm

Today we headed out to Gentry's Farm, a great place in Franklin to visit this time a year. They have it all for fall fun as you can see from the signs below.

Jumping of course, there is no stopping him ever when it comes to jumping.

Slides in the hat maze
This is pretty much what we were looking at all morning. The back of his head as he ran from place to place.
The sheep
loving the train/wagon playground

Playing in the wheat and corn box


The cows on the hay ride. I guess they got hungry and pumpkins were it.
Checking out more animals
He loved loved loved the tire swing

Last weekend we had Trunk or Treat at our church. It was so fun but exhausting! As you can see our cars theme was Christmas and I took my friend Anna's advice and made the most out of the belly. I was a package and J.Ed and the others were just tacky:)
Robbins on the hay ride at the church all by himself. I was very impressed.
Here is what he was supposed to be but it was kind of hard to walk in so he decided to dress up as a really cute little boy aka Robbins Lowe.

The guys took charge of our game. Kids would come and have to throw an ornament through the wreath to get candy. I have to admit to have been thrown together last minute I thought it was pretty great!

Sweet Haynes and Williams, two little monkeys.
The Tacky Christmas Car
In more exciting news we are about 3 days out from Landry's arrival and could not be more excited. As you can see from that pictures above I am about to pop and feel like a balloon! Friday was my last day at work, which was very strange but I am looking forward to having Monday and Tuesday to get some stuff together, like oh I don't know my bag, the car seat, and all the other last minute details we have been putting off:) Last night J.Ed and I went on our last date for a while, I suspect. We went to dinner and then to see The Avett Brothers. I have to say if you love, like or have never heard of this band, check them out! We have loved them for years but this is the first time we have been able to get tickets to a show. They might be one of the best live bands I have ever seen. Think Johnny Cash meets the Beastie Boys with a cello, strange I know. Not only can they sing but their ability to play every instrument blows me a way and not to mention their lyrics make me melt:) So long story short, I am a fan and am so glad I went. I kept going back and forth and decided what the heck, I could sit down so it wasn't bad and totally worth the back pain and tiredness today!

I am going to try to post from Halloween but then that will probably it until we are back home from the hospital with little girl. Prayers for the surgery and recovery as well as for Robbins adjustment is most appreciated. Hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment