Saturday, October 22, 2011

Robbins Room

About 2 months ago we made the switch with Robbins from the crib to the bed. I was by far the apprehensive one. I love that he loves to sleep so my theory was if it ain't broke... But we did have the new one coming along and I really did not want to buy a new crib for a couple months use. We just started talking it up one day like, "Check out your special room, I love your big boy bed" and by the grace of God it took! He absolutely loves it and has slept just as well. We also go in there at night and read so I think he really does see it as his own space with toys and all.
I found a woman online who did this painting. It is one of my favorite verses and it has all these layers and textures that I was not brave enough to attempt.
J.Ed made the pallet headboards and thanks again to the ladies at Adele in Lexington for help with the Serena & Lilly pillows. I mixed them with a Target comforter and sham, I mean $19.99 vs. $159 per bed(we have 2 and that does not include the duvet!)..I loved the S & L one but not that much, it has already been put in the washing machine once:) I love Target!


We were able to use all his Hatch Show Prints from the nursery, I love them. So Nashville!
I got this idea off Pintrest. Its outlines of TN and KY, our home states.
Super cute and very easy.
Love the design aesthetic that bed rails give-Safety first!

1 comment: