Monday, July 16, 2012

Girls Getaway

I was fortunate to have a quick getaway with some very dear friends over this past weekend to Oxford, MS. One of the girls in our Community Group from church has a place there so those of us that could make it(we missed you Kristina, Devon and Julie!!) packed up the car, left the two and four legged kiddos with the men folk and headed off for a weekend of eating, cocktails and of course lots and lots of awesome conversation.
I really am so blessed, I have the best friends from childhood, great high school friends, amazing college friends and have made incredible friends later in life as well. You know those people that just are real and no mistaking where they stand? That's this group of girls. These are incredible women of faith who have helped me grow so much in my walk and I love having these people around me who call me out and challenge me to do better and be better. It's also nice to have people help remind me I am not the only one who's child is X. (insert drama here) and can help in those moments of mom desperation. I appreciate this time with them so much and am thankful for a husband who is willing to parent so I can run off and do this fun stuff.



Dinner at Boure'
Me and Claire (Ole Miss Alum and hysterical mom of two precious girls and one on the way. She's the real deal, I have so much respect for her as a mother, as a friend and as a woman serving God.)


Rebecca and Keli (Both Auburn Alum's- Rebecca also has two little girls and is my go to on AU football, scripture, politics and just info in general, she is very handy to have around. Keli has been keeping Landry the past 6 months on Fridays and we are kind of obsessed. She is our farm girl and has the most incredible heart for people and constantly reminds me of the beauty of the simple life and the freedom found in not judging others.)

A picture of the bar patrons that made us feel incredibly old. We went and visited Keli's cousin Hudson's bar, The Corner. Apparently is was the place to be and made me terrified to send my children to college. I just kept reminding myself that J.Ed and i turned out alright...right?

Claire's instagram comment about us being hoodlums was worth sharing:)
The other beauty of no kiddos is a couple Blue Moons with your lunch


We headed out to Taylor Grocery for dinner which I hadn't been to in years! So glad we went and reminded me how thankful i was for my sweet HS friends that went to Ole Miss that had wanted me to experience this little piece of heaven when we were in college. You can't beat a $9 dinner with live bluegrass music and byow/b.

Clearly we like Target


My dinner was amazing

Breakfast the next morning at Bottletree Bakery. I think we all really took our time on our last meal.

Thanks for an awesome weekend ladies! Look forward to another one next year with the whole crew!



No comments:

Post a Comment