A dear friend of mine from high school pitches for the Atlanta Braves. He also played for the Pirates and Cubs but J.Ed and I could never get it together and go see him. Well finally we planned a quick trip up to Atlanta to see him and sadly he hurt his wrist so wasn't playing but he still got us some awesome seats and the VIP treatment. Needless to say, taking this kid to a game in the "cheap seats" next time and without press entry may be a challenge.
Here he is before we went it. It fell a downpour and then stopped so that's why we look like drowned rats.
Ms. L taking it all in. She was about 6 month to little to be there bc all she wanted to do was climb and touch the people around us.
I love this picture. He has his hat on his head just like my papa use to wear, propped right on top. I had a moment when I looked at him, a little overcome with emotions wishing my grandfather could have known these kids.
Yay! A pretty good family pic. This is rare so I was quite pleased.
We had such a fun day and I kept reminding them how blessed we are that we get to do this kind of stuff. You know you have those days when everything is broke, money's tight and life is stressful. Then I think about all the incredible experiences that we get to have together as a family and I remember how blessed we are and tell myself again, it's not always easy but it's always worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment