Thursday, September 19, 2013

Disney Day 2


We were up bright and early Saturday morning and ready to head to Magic Kingdom. After Goof bot got charged we loaded the bus and headed to the park.


We were there the week before the "Not So Scary Halloween" began so they had all the fall decorations up and it was adorable.


We were there for the welcome show which was great!

Here comes the train with all the characters.



One of my favorite views



Pirates League is the boy version of the Bippity Boppidy Boutique. Robbins chose to dress up like Jake but as soon as he sat down in the chair he shut down. He wasn't upset, he just wouldn't talk. Though unlike him, I saw a couple glimpses that first day of how overwhelming this place can be to a 4 year old.


Signing the pirate oath


Getting his tattoo

Getting his "Jake" eyebrows. P.S. Black eyebrow paint on a sweaty kid=creepy later


As soon as we walked out he was happy as a clam, I think the undivided attention was a bit much for him at first.

So this happened...my 4 year old rode Space Mountain and loved it. Well...it depends on when you ask him. One minute he was all I love it, that was so fun and then he would say well, I didn't really like when we dropped down really fast:)

This was a great moment, he loves Buzz!

This is a picture of the picture they took of us on the Buzz ride and it cracked me up. Where to begin? J.Ed and his game face, apparently he was serious about winning. Me looking like what the h*$% am I doing. And Robbins, oh Robbins, looking like a cartoon villain with his eyebrow and no wig.


The parades are one of my favorites!



Mom had to take a picture in front of the Ariel ride, she's my favorite:)


Overall I would say it a success. He had some moments but I was prepared for some full meltdowns so I was pleasantly surprised!

After some rest, we hopped on the fairy and headed over to Fort Wilderness to Mickey's Back Yard BBQ. It was SOOO fun. Think country dinner show, live music, great food and wine and beer included for moms and dads.

All he wanted from the characters was to be recognized so this was super special to get to dance with Goofy, one of his favorites.

A Will Rogers type, rope trick guy



Getting to Mickey was like finding the golden goose. Robbins literally threw himself in front of him at one point taking a charge, just to get near him!



These two were quite the pair. This trip was great for so many reasons but the biggest one being R getting some one on one time with us.

After a long but fun day we headed back to the hotel for a late night swim and to bed at 10:30! He was such a trooper and had such a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment