A few weeks ago we surprised Robbins with a trip to Disney. It was for his 4th birthday and we waited until the week before to tell him. It would be an understatement to say that he was excited but interestingly enough, it was the airplane ride that excited him most of all. I'm not sure how much he understood other than Mickey lived there and I realized we kept referring to the theme parks as parks so i wonder if he was expecting swings and slides.
J.Ed is quite the pancake maker. We had a Mickey pancake, a shirt, autograph book and maps for his surprise.
That is a happy face:)
Landry headed to Nana and Pops fore the week and I had to go to Tampa first for a work trip so J.Ed and R met me in Orlando. Here he is on the plane:) He has flown before but he was so little he didn't remember.
This was after they checked in. He got a balloon and a birthday button which was so fun. We stayed at Pop Century which was really fun and I thought a great place for it to be so inexpensive. My only observation was if we were bringing all four of us for more than three days I would want more space to spread out in the room. But other than that it was so nice, food was good and the themes were fun and the pool was A-mazing!
Leave it to the mouse to even make towels cute. The boys went swimming that afternoon and took naps before I got in that evening.
For dinner that night I had made reservations at T-Rex Cafe which was great. J.Ed and I talked constantly about the operations and logistics it takes to run Disney as a whole. I am so taken back by their technology, customer service and awareness of their customers. Everything from the My Disney app that shows you ride wait times to their new Magic Bands which store all your info like room entry, meal plan, fast passes,etc.
R was cracking me up. You could tell he really wanted to touch the dinosaur but the first time he did, the mom dinosaur by chance started growling and he jumped back 10 feet. Once I touched it and the mom he was good to go.
These two:)
Every 20 minutes there would be a meteor shower and everything would change colors, the dinosaurs would go nuts, it was pretty cool, especially for a 4 year old boy.
of course we had to hit up the Lego store in Downtown Disney.
The first (half) day was a success. A nice way to ease into the two crazy fun days that followed.













No comments:
Post a Comment