At the end of July we headed to the beach for our annual beach trip. We stay in the Seacrest area which is right next to Rosemary and Alys beach. This year we were joined by our great friends the Bennett's. John and I grew up together and he is now married to a wonderful girl, Rachel, and they have two kids garner and Neeley who are close to R and L's age. This was our first time traveling together and we had a blast! The perfect amount of relaxation, activity, nights out, nights in and laughs!
I loved the view from my beach chair
My attempt at taking a picture of the kids in matching swim suits.
Loving on daddy
We rented the house right next to the pool which was perfect for adult swim during naps and after bed time because our monitors worked.
Miss Neeley looking so sweet
John and Garner
Luckily these two became fast friends. We were either watching The Lion King, playing with trucks, or dancing while inside.
Their reading nook
Daddy/daughter swim time
Garner always had his rear showing, it was adorable.
This is what Robbins did the entire time. All he wanted to do was surf. I love his brave and determined heart. I saw so clearly that he has so much of his dad and I in his personality, failure is not an option!
This little land lover was not crazy about the sand or the ocean the first couple days. She was also getting over hand, foot & mouth(the worst) so was not 100%. By day 3 though, she was all in.
Classy
The reality of picture taking...
before
after...
My first love
Landry and Mr. John cutting a rug
More dance party
I had to take a picture of this meal. The guys went to the seafood market and got 3 different types of fish that we all split. That with cheese potato's, green beans with bacon, and french bread about did me in!
One cloudy day we headed over to the playground at Alys beach. We were obsessed with it.
Even the big kids had fun
This pile of dirt was a hit. It was literally just dirt with a trail dug into it so they could run around the outside of it to get to the top.
Her pose is cracking me up, like she is waiting for the paparazzi. I don't know where she gets it from, do you Anna?
This is one of those moments where I realized how big he is now. So strong, so independent and so at ease.
More big kids having fun
There was a splash park right next to it and they went wild. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.
Cheesing for the camera
One of our adult nights out to George's. We had a babysitter that we hired down there to keep the kids and she was seriously amazing. Ms. Liz brought her own crafts and games for the kids to play with and when we left I'm pretty sure they ignored us.
Boys being silly, they look at little too chummy here. Im pretty sure they wer making fun of mine and Rachel's cuddle picture.
Luckily he came home with me:)
So much fun! Best food ever!
I'm just tring to figure out why he looks 16 here.
Neeley LOVED J.Ed
Another night we went out to Louis Louis for dinner and Ms. Liz watched the kids then too. It was so awesome having 2 adult night out.
Back to the beach! This baby pool was the place to be.
John teaching Garner to pee in the ocean, hysterical.
Lots of relaxing
Our sweet family. I'm sure I should be more like "Ahh" about putting a picture of myself in a bathing suit on the Internet but honestly, who cares! I am blesses with my incredible family AND am healthy so for me to not post one of the only pictures of our entire family because of a few lbs. would probably not be the best message for my kids. I do make fun of myself though that I have entered a new chapter of life known as the swim skirt years.
Um...she looks like a SEC football coach to me.
The last night we all went out to dinner together. Here are the handsome boys.
Yes, J.Ed and R match. J.Ed was cool with him wearing the shirt but begged him to wear different shorts. It reminds me of my Laura Ashley days when my mom and I use to dress alike.
After dinner we headed over to Rosemary for ice cream and of course the Lowe children found the dance floor!
This was such an incredible trip. J.Ed and I have talked about how relaxing it was and so fun spending time one on one. The other aspect that is so great was all the amazing conversations we got to have with the Bennett's. It's so nice when you have friends that you see a handful of times a year but because of history, every time you get together it's like nothing has changed. We are so thankful for these experiences and pray our children along with us realize/remember what a privilege and blessing it is to do things like this.



















































No comments:
Post a Comment