Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Family That Plays Together...

...is sore and tired for two days! I kid. Last Saturday we headed up to Louisville for a reunion of sorts with the Bilby (Robbins middle namesake) side of the family. Nana's brother Bill's kids have been scattered all over the country/world and two still are. Luckily, his son Joe and his wife Leslie and their precious new little girl Ann Francis opened up their new home to us right outside Louisville for a great time. His oldest sister Ann was in town from DC (usually they are the ones all over the world) with her two kids. Nana and Pops Uncle Reno and Bryn, Jimmy and his kids, Jennifer and the Indy crew, Mary Jo and John, Bill and Faris, everyone was there except one cousin who is in New York. It was such a fast day but totally worth 6 hours in the car round trip to get to see all the youngest generations of cousins playing together, not to mention I LOVE J.Ed's cousins too so it's really a win across the board! I apologize in advance for the amount of pictures below.

Behold the reason, the adult males were so tired and sore.  



 Please stop growing!

 Have pool, will travel!
Sweet daddy and daughter moment. I have really been struggling with how attached she is to me (we are talking compulsive levels) so i am thankful for moments like this because sometimes I think J.Ed's feelings get a little bit hurt.

Robbins Lowe, I love this about you. In the mix with boys 3 and 4 times your age like it's nothing. I am also thankful for awesome cousins who are so sweet to him, but not so sweet as to let him win, ha!

The newest addition to the family, Ann Francis. She is so chill and such a content baby!

As always, all the older girl cousins were so crazy helpful with all the kiddos.


This one thought she was hot stuff.

Deep convos with Uncle Reno about her ball. This is a huge breakthrough since up until about a month ago she was terrified of him.

These two...have you ever see two cuter or whiter children in your life? I mean, they are literally see through. Robbins absolutely worships Jack. He is even wearing some hand me down shorts of his just to represent. #teammadras

Here is our lovely hostess with her nephew, Elliot. That hair, couldn't you just die?!

 Here is Robbins and Alice. She is Elliot's older sister and the most cordial child I have ever had the pleasure of conversing with. Right after this, she did not like that Robbins splashed her so she said "Robbins, please do not splash me again, if you do, I will tell on you." Guess what, he did not splash her again:) I also used it as a great example for Robbins of how to ask your friends to stop something you don't like as opposed to his usual give them two chances then yell at them method.


J.Ed and Ann strangely have seen each other the most, but always out of the country or at weddings. When J.Ed was deployed to Afghanistan, Ann was working there. Then when J.Ed was doing work in China with his current job, Ann and her husband were there too. Nothing like seeing a familiar face in unfamiliar lands.





We also celebrated Bill's birthday

Then Nana had prizes for all the kids but they had to play a game to get them. Simon Says it was.

Jack looks really into it.

She seemed to like it.

I can almost hear her yelling, Victory!

This was before we were even on the interstate. He was exhausted.

This one on the other hand was not. She took a nap while we were there so she was chipper Charlie the whole drive home.

They both stayed up late on Sunday too, so Monday morning was not our best. J.Ed and I talked about it though and although we are definitely schedule people, life (and summer)is way too short to worry about bedtimes every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment