I can not believe on August 10th we celebrated his little boy's 4th birthday. He is such an incredible child and I am so proud he is ours.
Robbins you remind me more and more of your dad everyday. Your analytical mind and the way you look at things in details blows me away. Also, your incredible sensitivity and love for your family and friends is precious. You are so strong and so brave, two things that can't always be taught, and pair that with your determination, someone will be hard pressed to stop you from accomplishing your goals. Your toughness can be seen in how you handle yourself in so many different situations but in the moment I least expect it you still remind me that your only 4. I realize sometimes we expect too much from you because of your size and independence but you don't seem to want it any other way.
3 has been a big year for you! You moved up to room 5 and now room 7 at Belle Meade, you took swim lessons again and killed it, you stayed with both sets of grandparents for a week without missing a beat, we went to the beach and you surfed your heart out. We got you completely night time potty trained, you went to the SEC basketball tournament, lots of UK football games, and experienced your first loss when Benson passed away in May. We spent countless hours outside, at concerts,watching Harry Potter, meeting new friends, played soccer on the red team at school and growing into quite the little athlete.
We are so thankful for the past year and 4 is already off to a great start with one milestone after the next. I can't believe you had your first sleepover this past weekend! You are the best big brother and are showing your sister the ropes of independence and toughness quite nicely all while loving her and helping take care of her as well. Thank you for being such a big helper and handling your dad's new travel schedule so well. Trust me, I mean a big thank you! My prayer for you is that you never lose this incredible confidence you have in yourself and in those around you but also realize it's ok to ask for help. I also pray that God continues to grip your sweet heart and mold you into who He plans for you to be. I pray your dad and I, although extremely broken, can set a good example for you in all that we do. Happy Birthday Robbins!
Your verse for this year is :
Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:
Post a Comment