Friday, August 23, 2013

Robbins Birthday Party

For Robbins 4th day we went a different route than usual. No big party, no major decorations just a boy, his family and one very unstressed mom.

We woke up to our traditional decorated kitchen and birthday doughnut,

He opened his present from us that morning. A super cool Dino Hunter helicopter. We are taking him to Disney in September so that's his real present(and mine).

One think I really liked was slowly opening presents throughout the day from the rest of the family. That was it was not present overload and turning into a minosaur.

We went to the Zoo that morning and had the best time. It was cloudy but super humid as you can tell from the fog in the first picture I tried to take.


I love this one. The boys(little and big) enthralled with the monkey's.

Aunt Melanie feeding the birds




These two baby elephants put on quite a show. They kept eating sticks and they didn't have their tusks yet so I said with fake confidence that they must be teething. I learned that from my dad, event if your not sure it's the right answer say it with confidence and people will probably think your right! Good and bad quality of ours:)

Lunch time

Attempt at a family picture...FAIL

This one loved the little people play area

How cool is this playground?

I spy Robbins in there



After the Zoo we headed home for kiddo naps and for me to attempt to decorate cupcakes. My OCD child asked for cupcakes decorated like "sports balls" and he was very specific that he did not want the sticks coming out of the top like I normally do. Apparently my cupcake toppers have been an issue for him for years. I, am not a baker, luckily my fab sister in law is. She (tried) to help me get the icing right but I didn't really measure everything which apparently is a good idea when you bake, so my icing took some loving on to get it the edible right consistency. Overall I was pleased event though they are a little rough. Consider it a life lesson for Robbins, I did something and tried really hard even though i know I'm not good at it. Not to mention he loved them which is the most importnat thing.  



Poppy and Juju arrived then the cousins came over to play baseball with his new pitcher thing. We ordered pizza, had cupcakes and overall just enjoyed one another.



On Sunday we just hung around while the dad's golfed and stood in awe of how well William and Robbins played together all weekend. They would go upstairs for hours. This was eye opening to how much they have grown up and also stung a little to not be needed as badly.

Aunt Melanie got Landry dressed and I think she enjoyed picking out little girl clothes:)

This one was NOT happy that Poppy and Juju were leaving

She clearly got over it though.


What a blessing the entire weekend was. One of my favorite parts was J.Ed and I staying up after the kids went to bed with my brother and sister in law. We had such serious, funny, awesome conversations and I loved every minute. Happy Birthday Robbins! I hope you enjoyed your party!

No comments:

Post a Comment