Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day Weekend

"Whenever men invest heavily and sincerely into their marriages and children, love abounds." Jen Hatmaker

Thank you J.Ed for sincerely investing in us!

We had an awesome Father's Day weekend. Unfortunately, J.Ed didn't get to relax very much because our yard was a mess from being gone for a week and he has been pressure washing our fence...I know our glamorous life.

We roasted hot dogs and the boys camped out. P.S. hot dogs cooked over a fire pit with lighter fluid on wood are not amazing.

Then we headed to the lake with our dear friends the Meadows. We enjoy spending time with them so much. It's so nice when the male and female counterparts click as well as we all do AND Robbins loves him some Mr. Josh. It was SO much fun! We went later in the day after naps so it was so relaxing, not to hot and the perfect pre dinner cruise. Robbins thought he was so special because they went and bought a life jacket just his size.

Landry and Harper hanging out

Clearly my children are water babies. Between riding around and doing big jumps off the side(yes R was jumping off the side) of the boat these two were in hog heaven!


Cheese!

They were enthralled watching Mr. Josh and Daddy surf

Sometimes, I am amazed by J.Ed's athleticism. He played soccer his entire life up through college so it's not like I don't know he is athletic but Josh was warning him that surfing is harder then wake boarding and getting up and staying up can be harder,etc. What does he do? Pops right up and stays on for a good while even over some pretty big waves. I also love the example he is setting for the kids: try new things, hard things, be adventurous and have fun!
Like I said, R loves Mr. Josh.

Just call me the baby whisperer. I had both girls literally in the palm of my hand:)


He was the king of the world!



A rare family picture

We had so much fun even though I didn't change Landry into a swim diaper, so when I changed her all the little diaper crystal things fell out and Mr. Josh is what one my call a neat freak (rightfully so, his boat is super nice) and I. felt.terrible. But never fear, he had a dust buster on the boat, amazing!! Hopefully the diaper fiasco doesn't keep us from getting invited back! Thanks Meadows!

No comments:

Post a Comment