Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tidbits

As I dive deeper into this new mind set and lifestyle where sacrificial living and my comfortable life ram head first into one another, God shows up. Everywhere. I have been inundated with encouragement and words here and there and wanted to post a couple of my favorites.

-We have to stay true to our word and keep the promises we make to people – even when it becomes inconvenient and undesirable. Once others are depending on us, we lose the luxury of picking and choosing when we will give 100 %. Our words should have value, and not be used as meaningless ramblings to hush someone when we know full well that we may or may not act upon them. If it is truly something you do not want to do or do not think you should, then say no. But, say what you mean, mean what you’re saying and stick to the commitments you make. I think a big part of growing up is learning the importance of showing up.

-“Just say ‘yes’ and ‘no.’ When you manipulate words to get your own way, you go wrong.” – Matthew 5:37 (MSG)


-I believe that 95% of God’s will for each and every one of us is found in God’s word. So many times, I would read the Bible hoping for secret message from God as to what I was supposed to be doing for the rest of my life when, really, what I was supposed to be doing was simply obeying Him today. He has already told us how to live in the Bible. Read it, and put it into practice and you will be living God’s will for your life.



-We cannot, and should not, change our lives every time things get a little uncomfortable. I’m not saying you should be miserable for the sake of being miserable. Sometimes God does tell us it’s time to make a change. But if we are constantly transforming our lives to chase happiness, then I’m afraid our happiness will merely be found in feelings, experiences, and people…which can all change, be unreliable, and let you down. Do NOT let discomfort cause you to run from the season you are meant to be in.

-But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. -Matthew 6:33-34















No comments:

Post a Comment