Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Love This Article

As I continue to walk in this new found light of transparency, I wanted to share this article. A wonderful friends shared this post with me today. Here's a peek:

"For years I was not sure what the Bible meant that women would be saved through childbearing, but it grows clearer to me now. I once thought it referred only to giving birth, but its meaning encompasses the span of motherhood. Children are born in an instant, but they are borne across a lifetime. Childbearing saves me because it faithfully (albeit painfully) reminds me over and again that I am weak. It reminds me that I am not self-sufficient, that I do not have what it takes to preserve and protect my children, but that my heavenly Father does. It saves me from the belief that I am God."

What's interesting is after it was sent to me I noticed another friend had posted on facebook. This tells me that this is relevant; that what God is taking me through is happening to alot of other people. It is also applicable for other relationships too like marriage and friends. Because I can promise you my marriage wasn't born at the alter nor my friendships behind a school desk or in a church pew but are being borne over time and are constant reminders that we are not God.

For the rest of the article go here:
http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/08/21/the-truth-about-pain-in-childbearing/

No comments:

Post a Comment