Someone thought they were missing out on all the fun and needed to join the photo shoot.
Here I am again posting about my 7 month old 2 weeks late. Oh well, such is life. Miss Landry is just growing and changing right before our very eyes. She was 19.5 lbs. when I took her in last week when she was under the weather and is wearing 9-12 mo. or 12 mo. clothes depending on the brand. She is sleeping about the same, goes down around 7:30 and is up at 6. I have just conceded to the fact that I will not see 8 am from under the covers until these kiddos are 15 and sleeping in and I am sure by that point I will be longing for a 6am wake up call if it means they won't be too cool to talk to me. She is eating 2-3 solid meals a day now. We made the switch b/c she is just over bottles in general. She still eats 5-6 oz's 4-5 times a day but does it begrudgingly to say the least. Adding in three meals of solids has really helped. It is so interesting because she really enjoys the actual act of eating as well. I have given her some cheerios and cut up blueberries ans she has the best time watching herself pick them up, watching it all the way to her mouth and then eating. I started her on this stuff a little earlier then Robbins but she was so interested in all of our food and had teeth so I gave it ago and have been quite impressed. She also has tried some new fruit and veggies as of late, asparagus, mango's and plums were all introduced to rave reviews except the asparagus which took a few times(and mixing with avocados) to eat all of.
She is s full fledged sitter is starting to lean forward more to reach for things but I am seeing a very similar disposition as her brother in the "I'm cool just chilling here" attitude so I don't have big aspirations for crawling anytime soon. To give a little perspective, Robbins started pulling up around 9-10 months, crawled for 3 weeks at 11 months and then walked on his 1st birthday. So, I definitely don't have a rushed timeline in my head, I would actually be surprised if she started before him but am also learning comparing your two kids is like comparing apples to basketballs, so who knows! She like to stand, especially if you lean her up against a table or something she can hold onto and her bouncy seat is her best friend. Her disposition is still so precious and laid back, I feel like so many say that about their second children which clearly has a lot to do with adapting but I am constantly impressed(and thankful for) by her ability to be so flexible. Overwhelmed is a word that comes to mind when I think of her and in a good way. My feelings for her really are overwhelming sometimes to the point of amazement, like wow! I really can love another one as much as the first.
Robbins is 2 months away from being 3 YEARS OLD! How is that possible? I feel like it was just yesterday I was sitting at home with him staring at me with those big ole eyes, thinking, can we really do this? He is really amazing. He is so smart and articulate(I am bias I know) and partner that with his size, sometimes I forget he's only 2. He can be very challenging because the same character traits that make him reason and question to learn, make him stubborn as all get out. The beauty of it is,and my friend Anna says this about her little girl, I get him and understand where he is coming from, so I can usually handle him without getting overly upset...usually.
He loves to be in the water so much and is such a little daredevil so we decided to go ahead and let him take swim lessons since the average age is 3 for most non beginner lessons and he won't be 3 until the end of the summer we used a recommendation of a friend for private lessons and she was amazing! She came to our pool and boy was she tough but apparently that is the going thing with swim teachers, since swimming is such a critical skill, they do not play around. We were so proud of him, he had his moments but overall he listened so well and by the end he was swimming freestyle, underwater and every time he jumps in swims immediately back to the side.
Overall summer is off to a great start and as I read back through this post I am humbled by the blessings in our lives.







No comments:
Post a Comment