A couple weeks ago we headed to Florida with some friends the Meadows for our first family vacation as a family of four without any grandparents. We were really excited about our getaway. Josh and J.ed are two peas in a pod so there was no doubt they would have a great time and Allison and i can talk...and talk...and talk..do getting along was never a concern but three kids under the age of 2.5(one being her first major road trip) there was a little bit of apprehension but guess what? It was amazing! Allison found us the best little house in Sea Crest. Since my crew tends to be early risers and there were more of us we took the downstairs and the Meadows had upstairs which allowed Ms. Harper her extra snooze time. It was so nice to be on our own schedule and by our own I mean a 6 and 8 month old schedule. Luckily, both girls are pretty laid back so naps at the beach were a daily thing as well as all kiddos slept great at night. The boys would go set up camp early and then come gather the troops. Each of us would come and go as we pleased, which I learned is critical to vacationing with a group. The realization that everyone can and needs to do there own thing. We cooked in most nights thanks to the boys and we would stay up drinking wine and chatting on our porch. That to me is the perfect vacation. I came home tan, relaxed and thankful for a solid, uninterrupted week with my husband a kids. Don't get me wrong, Robbins, who is used to so much structure with school, by Sunday was needing a little more schedule in his(and my) life. But still what a blessing to be able to have that time together. I must warn you there are a lot of pics below so fee free to scroll really really fast!
Heading out
Luckily I was able to spend most of the trip in the front seat. About the time we hit Florida, Landry was wanting a little extra attention so I crawled in back.
Feeding stop for Harper and Landry
Hanging out in the driveway. It was a very popular spot for cooking, strolling, jumping and other
forms of entertainment.
Sweet Brother-he maybe hitting her here but it looks like he's patting her so we will go with it.
Side view of the cottage-This does not do this place justice. t was so cute and had everything we needed including 2 porches, crazy nice kitchen and room to run around. We had a three bedroom but they go up to a 5. I highly recommend Magnolia Cottages by the Sea if you are wanting to go to the Rosemary Beach area. Super cute and super affordable.
Sweet Harper
The girls would hang out in the strollers while the dads cooked. Clearly we have more teeth coming in as you can tell by their strap chewing. Landry's second bottom finished coming all the way through while we were there and Harper seems to be starting on her top.
This was my view some afternoons. I would lay out in the driveway with a book and a beer during nap time. It. was. glorious.
Our first dinner outing was to Old Florida Fish House, one of our favorites. We took the girls portable high chairs so they would be more comfy(Landry can sit up but not so great in a high chair) and all the kids were so good. We had such a great dinner and even were able to stay for dessert.
For those who know me, Landry has never worn a bow or anything in her hair so this was her first. She borrowed one of Harper's that matcher her outfit for her night out.
This pretty much sums him up
The Meadows
Attempt at a family pic- I am clearly gritting my teeth and saying something:)
Pink ladies before bed
nap time on the beach
twins!
family pic- I actually really like this one
Landry loves the Bjorn we use it all the time
That face just looks like he is about to do something he isn't supposed to
Little bird and her dad
playtime at the beach. Thank goodness for the beach sheet! It's this nylon large sheet you put down and weigh down with sand instead of using beach towels. The funniest thing ever was Josh was really careful about not getting sand on it so the girls wouldn't be in sand so we kept telling Robbins not to walk on it. So then you would see him run up to the tent just about to step on it with his big sandy foot, stop, look at Josh, and then walk around. It was so funny. He loved Josh and actually listened to him really well.
Bikini day! I couldn't help it, that thing was just so stinkin cute.
quite a set up huh?
We got to go over to Watercolor and see Jordan and her sweet family too and swim for a bit.
How about this girl pic? Evey toward the end of our visit was practicing her swimming and showed Robbins how to hold your hands and dive in. Now, every time we get in the pool he wants to sit on the side and practice with this hands over his head and dive in. So cute.
Our chefs for the week. Seriously, Allison and I didn't cook once. Granted we were parenting but still, it was a pretty sweet deal.
This boy loves his daddy and vice versa
too cool
I think this was one of the highlights of Robbins trips. The boys took him out and he boogie boarded. We were really fortunate that we never had very many rough water days so it was perfect for him
to practice this.
to practice this.
Don't worry, the boys are right behind him I have just cropped them out of this pic:)
Robbins loved him some Harper
Last night out to dinner and we went to our other favorite, Red Bar. Once again, those highchairs make for some happy babies. We had a great dinner and were able to head to the beach after for some pics.
Please look at that wedgie. I think it's official no more john john's.
Look at her sweet smile, I could just eat her up.
I am actually pretty happy about how are family pics turned out. It is always so hard to get Robbins to look at the camera so i will take it!
Meadows, I love this one!
Cheers, to family, friends and a great vacation!







































Love love love the pics! We had a wonderful time.
ReplyDelete