Actually more like 8 to 4 but who's counting. Last week was my first week back at the AHA and boy was it a doozie. I don't think I really thought through how hard it would be going back the week of one of our largest events, the Heart Gala. Pretty much it was awful. I had so much anxiety already about leaving her and put the stresses of last minute logistics that need to get done on top of that and I was a wreck. Luckily, she is being taken care of by some pretty great ladies. Three days a week we take her to Mrs. Beth's house and on Friday's my friend Kelli comes to our house to be with her. She seems to be adjusting pretty well other then sleep. To say I have spoiled this girl is an understatement, she takes every nap in my arms. Crazy right? Well I don't care, I only had 3 months to be home with her so I was going to eat up every moment. In another 2 weeks we will start the cry out phase and hopefully break that habit.
Fortunately, this week has been much much better. No real anxiety, no crazy deadlines and no tears so far. I know for me working outside the home is the right decision for our family. I am very blessed to work in such a relaxed and flexible work environment and I really love my team and what I do. Plus I also love Robbins school and how well he thrives there and love Landry's nannies. For us, this works, and I know working outside the home vs. staying at home is such a hotbed for debate but I don't get it. It is such a deeply personal decision like who you should marry,to have kids,etc. and it is so different for every person. I can't imagine telling someone that the decision they make to stay home vs. not is right or wrong. I think it is just something else for women to argue about as if we needed any help there:) I have so much for respect for my friends who stay at home(hardest job ever!!) and those who don't, in the end we are all just trying to glorify the Lord by being the best wives and moms we can be and I have realized there is no formula for that and that every equation looks a little different.
Everyday it will get easier and I must say it does make me treasure and love the time I do have with them after work. Seeing their faces when I come home or pick them up is by far the best part of my day. A long overdue 2 month post is coming soon, I'm just a little behind!
You said this so eloquently - about the debate of staying home vs. back to work. It's like you stole the words out of my own heart that I couldn't even form :) I went back to work in December, and it has been H.A.R.D. But, it is totally the right decision for our little family. Like you said, we're all just trying to bring God the glory in whatever we do during our day! Will be lifting you up the next few weeks and months as the whole family adjusts to you working. Would love to see you again soon :)
ReplyDeleteI second everything Jill said! You are s wonderful mommy!
ReplyDelete