Happy Easter everyone! We had a wonderful time celebrating the resurrection of Christ and the hope that gives us. We had a fun week leading up to the big day filled with school and church Easter egg hunts as well as a great time with Nana & Pops. I am thankful for time, in amazing weather with my family, and for the freedom I have in knowing that I have a Savior who loves me enough to not only die but take on God's wrath for me. I had a pretty incredible week of devotions that challenged me to rest in that truth and really think about the gravity of what that wrath was. One of my favorite quotes on Easter is: "Jesus is a redeemer, a restorer in every way. His day on the cross may look like a colossal failure, but it was His finest moment. He ushered in a kingdom where the least will be greatest and the last will be first, where the poor will be comforted and the meek shall inherit the earth. He brought the homeless with the privileged and said 'You are all poor, and you are all beautiful'. The cross leveled the playing field, and no earthly distinction is valid anymore. There is a new "us"-a ruined people rescued by the Passover Lamb who adopted us into his family and transformed us into saints. It is the most epic miracle in history. This is why we celebrate. May we never become so enamored by the substitutions of this world."
No comments:
Post a Comment