She is wearing 24 mo-2T clothes depending on the brand but is really so petite compared to what Robbins was/is. I have her well visit next Friday so I will have to post stats after that. She is extremely agile and loves to climb on everything. She races up the ladder on the swing set, climbs on chairs, so it looks like the dare devil gene did not escape her either. She is still a great sleeper, going down around 7 p.m. and waking around 6:15 a.m. Both our kiddos are early risers, but with our schedules during the week they don't really have an option, so our weekends consists of rising and shining as well:)
She loves to eat and is a big fan of just about everything. I think my biggest shock came when she threw a fit for more salmon. Robbins, who I also consider a pretty good eater, won't touch salmon with a 10 foot pole! We eat a lot of bananas and blueberries still, and we love our Saturday am pancakes by dad. Really she will try just about anything you put in front of her and has recently wanted condiments like ketchup and mustard because she sees Robbins with them.
Wanting what her brother has, is a whole other issue in itself. She really does have a super laid back personality until... you try to give Robbins something and not her. I definitely get flashes of the next 18 years of our lives now and then when I see them wrestling (she is a total tom boy) over a toy or cereal bar. Robbins is really good with her overall. Other than an extra shove or tackle here of there, he likes taking care of "sister" and has a real sense of pride in how much she loves him.
She is hands down a mama's girl which I have said in the past is frustrating because if I am in the room and not with her she will cry and fuss. But I am realizing as Robbins gets older how thankful I am for this. I have also had some reminders lately of how quickly life can change/end, how temporary all this can be and to not take for granted this God given need she has for me. Now, if I am not around, dad will do just fine though and boy is he in love. She will lay her head on his chest and melt he goes.
Landry, you are pure joy. Thank you for making our home so fun and loving!
No comments:
Post a Comment