Thursday, December 6, 2012

Evie Grace Harrison

Christmas season always has mixed emotions in our group of friends and family. Our dear friends Alicia and Jonathan lost their little girl Evie Grace on December 9th, 2010. It was one of those calls that time just stood still when Hayley called. So many emotions ran through my mind; sadness, fear, anger at God, pain for my friends loss, and not even being able to comprehend what they were going through.Here we are two year later and it still seems impossible.

Alicia and Jonathan, through this entire situation exuded the most incredible grace, love and faith that I have ever seen. The best part has been that we still talk about her all the time and I love that Ramsey and Reese will always know their sisters who are in heaven. I know it's not always easy for them but I can honestly say their faith humbles me and I respect both of them so much. I charge each of us to hug our kids a little tighter, tell our significant others we love them, give thanks for everything/everyone in our lives, and focus on the real meaning this holiday season. I know for me, comfort comes from knowing this sweet family will be reunited one day. Join me in praying for them as we approach December 9th, prayers for peace and comfort and that God will continue to use them as He already has. Love you Leesh:)

1 comment: