Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was interesting to say the least. J.Ed was called out of the country the week before and has had to be gone for two weeks, but I'm still thankful for a husband who loves our family so much and... for face time.  So we headed to my parents a couple days early for some extra hands, hands that I am so thankful for. We all ended up with bronchitis/croup but you know what, still thankful for doctors, insurance and medicine to help get everyone feeling better. Noticing a theme here? I was really tempted to be ungrateful this last week but God kept reminding me of all the things in my life to be thankful for and for that I am...thankful:)

My super fun co-workers. Thankful AND grateful for them. 
Robbins countdown until dad comes home. He has a really hard time when he is gone and he and I don't always see eye to eye when dad is out of town; but I am thankful for his headstrong mind and independent spirit that will serve him well one day.

Love this

My little pilgrim

Like I said, thank goodness for FaceTime.


Thanksgiving treats for the original turkey's.
Thankful for good food, good conversations, and good friends. Loved having dinner with Sarah. It was my only real outing thanks to the sickness!


My easy rider

Morning love from Poppy and Juju
 Thanksgiving at Michael and Melanie's. Perfect weather and perfect backyard for these two to run wild.
Lovely dinner table
Three generations!
First Thanksgiving meal-loved sweet and creamed potato's. Girl after my own heart:)

Kids and me table
 This is pretty much how we spent our night watching them fight over play with toys:)
I am thankful for so many things looking back over the past year. A chance to grow in my faith, marriage, parenting and friendships just to name a few. I hope, no matter my circumstances, I can always remember this moment in our lives and just be thankful.


4 comments:

  1. I love that I still know a few faces in the AHA bunch. Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you too! Hope your holidays are going well!

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking the same thing! But only a few!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a few is right. We have a good team right now but we miss you guys!

      Delete