Sunday, January 1, 2012

Merry Merry

School Christmas party

So proud of the cookie he decorated
So artistic:)
Landry and her American Girl Itty Bitty Baby
Thanks Uncle Reno and Bryn, they gave him drums last year, one more instrument and we can start a family band.
The boys and Granny

Alicia and Ramsey came to visit
Landry in a dress is a little strange to me b/c she looks so much like her brother did so it's like Robbins in a dress to me!
Miss Priss
Granny and Landry

Sweet cousins

Opening and yes that is J.Ed in footie pj's. We both wore funny pj's on Christmas morning, new tradition:)

I love this "What are you doing?" face

Sweet brother/sister time

Showing off his skills
These two are hilarious together. If I had a quarter for every time we said "share" I would be a millionaire.
Landry modeling the outfit Poppy picked out and got her
Poppy and the kiddos

I can not believe it is 2012! What a blessing the past year has been.

We had a visit from the Nana and Pops the weekend before and did Christmas and had a great time seeing them and getting into the Christmas spirit.We had a great Christmas visiting my side of the family in Memphis. The kids and I came home the Monday before so we could get some good hang out time in and J.Ed headed our way on Thursday. After Robbins school Christmas party we went to my parents(shout out to my dad for coming to get us and take us so we would only have one car to bring home...you're the best). Unfortunatly all three of us were a little under the weather so we didn't do much but the extra help was wonderful.

Robbins and I went and visited my grandmother in Savannah with my brother and his fam one day and got to spend some one on one time with her which was great. Why do we ignore that generation sometimes? They are so wise and tell the best stories, don't they? Then we headed back to Savannah with the whole gang and got to play with all the cousins. It was so fun!

Christmas morning was a hoot, Santa brought Robbins a bike and a helmet and a few other goodies and we got him his annual, Want, Need, Wear, and Read. It is so hard to keep ourselves under control when it comes to gifts so the 4 gifts from us and then a couple from Santa are working well for us. It also helps us remember the real reason we are celebrating, a hard concept for a two year old:)We also got to visit friends and other family and have some QT out for dinner or drinks a couple times.

Our New Years was very uneventful as I was home with the kiddos while J.Ed went to his cousins' wedding where he had a blast. I am excited to start a New Year, I always am. I love what it represents, continuing blessings and new ones as well. I am overwhelmed by the grace God has extended our family in every aspect and pray it continues in 2012. Praying that He draws our family closer to Himself and that we are always reminded of the blessings not just once a year but everyday. Happy New Year everyone, I hope it is your best yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment