Saturday, February 27, 2010

Robbins Baptism




The White/Lowe crew
Robbins with his Aunt's
The Lowe Family
Also, the Lowe's
With our Pastor, Carter Crenshaw
Being baptized








We spent last weekend loving the gorgeous weather we were blessed with and celebrating a big day in the little man's life. I know, infant baptism to some is maybe not that big of a deal because the little ones really have no clue what's going on. Being raised in the Baptist church we had dedications but not infant baptism, not that different but a different none the less. I knew it would be sweet and Robbins would be adorable in his monogramed little number, but I had no idea the way the Lord would use our pastor's words to make me realize the gravity of who we are to this little boy and who he is to us. I was brought to tears when I was told that this is a covenant we are making with God to raise this child in a way that there is not a day that he does not know Jesus, no pressure right?! I was also overwhelmed when Carter looked us in the eyes and told us what a privilege it was to raise this child who was given to us by God. These past 6 months have gone by so fast and though I thank God for Robbins everyday, I have a new awareness of my need to pray for him. For his future, his heart, even his future wife. I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to intercede for him for the rest of my life and am honored to do it. All J.Ed and I want for this precious boy is for him to know God and Glorify Him forever, not much right:) I have been blessed with a husband who loves God in a way that his family will always know where he stands and I am so excited to see him teach Robbins how to do the same. Thank you so much to all of our friends and family for a wonderful weekend, we had so much fun celebrating with all of you!

3 comments:

  1. what a handsome boy and a special time in your life! thanks for sharing beautiful pictures! Hopefully I'll get to see you and meet the "man" soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was such a beautiful day and a beautiful baptism! thanks for allowing us to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! Love your cake/napkins/etc... all so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete