Friday, April 8, 2011

Our last month

All of these pics are from My Big Back Yard. He had so much fun!





Seriously? Garner Bennett, those baby blues and smile are to die for! Look out John and Rachel you have a heartbreaker on your hands!


We have been quite the busy bunch over the past few weeks. Two trips to Memphis and a visit from Nana and Pops has left Robbins a bit attention starved as you can imagine. First, we headed to Memphis while the hubs celebrated two of his favorite things, his friend Brian who is getting married next week and the Kentucky Wildcats in Atlanta in early March. Our visit was so great we got to go to My Big Back yard with tons of friends and I got to have dinner and visit with all my Memphis peeps. It was so nice to get some QT with everyone.

Then we had a visit from Nana and Pops and got to take advantage of the amazing yet ever fickle weather we have been having. We were literally outside the entire weekend. On that note, Robbins is OBSESSED with being outside. If we are inside we are whining to be outside, if we are outside we are talking about being outside. He has even been getting really upset about having to come in so we have started going to the window when we come in to tell outside night night. It's the only way he is ok with coming in and pretty stinking cute.

Then we headed back to Memphis for a very special weekend. Some of my best friends Alicia and Jonathan, whom I have talked about before, lost their precious Evie back in December. Robbins and I headed to Memphis for a celebration of Evie's life at her garden on friday and then a celebration for Ramsey, her sister's birthday on Saturday. I was so glad to be there for Alicia and Jonathan and it was so good to be there with Alicia, Hayley, Anna(all the way from TX!) and Amber, 5 parts of our d-group from high school. It is amazing to spend time with people who know each other on the deepest spiritual level, its humbling to have friends like this. Their minister said a beautiful prayer and read scripture and then we all released pink balloons to Evie. Although so sad, it was an honor to be there.

Then on Saturday was Ramsey's "Tea for Two" party and it was so stinking cute. You can see the pictures on Alicia's blog but it was Alice in Wonderland theme and Alicia went all out on decor and them(a girl after my own heart). The other highlight of the weekend was having my best friend Anna and her awesome little man Will in town. Anna and I talk every single day but its just not the same as seeing each other and we both hadn't seen the boys in ages. We got them together for a little bit and it was so fun.

Finally last weekend you could have called us Mr. and Mrs Green Thumb! We planted our first real garden with all kinds of great fruits and veggies, I'll post pics later. I am super hopeful I don't kill these things. I have done herbs and they survived but watermelons and asparagus are a whole new ballgame and I'm a little nervous!

We are heading to the beach for a quick wedding trip next weekend and I am so pumped to get this pasty body in the sun. It is amazing how little sun I got last summer since Robbins wasn't really in to laying out:) I've got my beach read downloaded(The Hunger Games...b/c clearly a teenage thriller is right in my age bracket) and my sunscreen ready to go. Nana and Pops are coming to watch Robbins and are surely in for a good time. Now that he actually communicates like a human telling you what he does and does not want, it is so great. He is so independent and yesterday Anna and I were talking I was like I love this independence but...could do without the attitude! Seriously sooo independent, what can I say though I respect that.

Anyways all that being said we are so glad for this beautiful weather and looking forward to a fun filled Spring/Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment