The new house
Ramsey and Sophie in a staring contest.
These boys were so precious playing together. They laughed and laughed!One of my favorie lines in from one of my favorite movies Garden State. The main character who has come home for a funeral says:
"You'll see one day when you move out it just sort of happens one day and it's gone. You feel like you can never get it back. It's like you feel homesick for a place that doesn't even exist. Maybe it's like this rite of passage, you know. You won't ever have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself, you know, for your kids, for the family you start, it's like a cycle or something. I don't know, but I miss the idea of it, you know. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people that miss the same place. "
I know at first readt it sounds sad, and maybe he meant it to be, but to me it just means the feeling of home is about the people not the place. It's something that is created by lots of people coming together wanting the same thing.
I say all this because my parents recently moved from our childhood home about 10 minutes down the road into a house that is nothing short of perfect for them right now. Our old house was perfect for us growing up. We had so much fun and so many memories in that place. Just ask any of my friends from high school and I guarantee they spent many a nights at the White House swimming or having parties for no reasons like...Oscar parties, WWF wrestling watching parties,etc.:) That was home then and it was wonderful. Being home last weekend I realize the new house is home now and it's also wonderful . My parents are so happy and at peace with their decision it's hard to not be so excited for them.
Don't get me wrong I agree with Miranda Lambert that houses build people but even more then that people build people and no where does it say just one house builds you. The house on Elmhurst was where hundreds of amazing memories were created. Where pre and post pance parties happend, great times with great friends but now the house on Calumet will be the house our kids know and love, what a great way to start a new chapter. We had a great time at home last weekend and here are a few pics to wrap our weekend at the new home.
No comments:
Post a Comment