Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, better late than never!

Drinks pre Harmon baby shower with the Harrison's, so fun!
Hanging out with Garner Bennett, we were not super happy about our Auburn Tigers the first half, but it turned out ok:)
Slam dunk-he loved this!
Loving on his Poppy-which he is still saying constantly
Playing football with the big kids
All the kiddos

Dad and his boys
Granny and her boys
Looking like trouble in this one:)

We had a great Thanksgiving in Germantown. What a blessing to be able to spend the last Thanksgiving in my childhood home. We had a great time but it was bittersweet, I may have shed a tear during the dinner prayer. Congrats to my parents who moved in their new home today. It is so perfect for them and so lovely. We had a great time seeing family and friends, including a baby shower for my long time friends Brad and Lindsey Harmon and their little girl on the way, Bailey Kate. It was great seeing everyone.

This past weekend I headed to Chicago with a great group of girls, my mol, her sister, niece and a family friend. We ate, drank, shopped and even made time for a little Auburn football, WAREAGLE by the way. I also got to have drinks with Sarah a college friend of mine and I just treasure that catch uptime and love how it's like no time has passed when we see each other. (By the way, Jennifer and Sarah, can I interest you in a chocolate martini? Oh wait the inappropriately dresses 12 year old knocked it over!) We had so much fun, but it goes by too fast! I am campaigning for a longer trip next year:) It was an all boys weekend in Nash as Pops, J.Ed and Robbins had quite a productive weekend painting our game room. We are in holiday high gear but I love it. This is my favorite time of year by far and I feel so blessed to get to celebrate with my incredible husband and little boy. In my work Thanksgiving dinner we went around the room and said what we are thankful for and mine was so easy. Besides my faith, it's J.Ed and Robbins. J.Ed stepped up in a way that was above and beyond. It was our first Heart Walk season with a little one and he was so unbelievably helpful making those 14-16 hour days a little easier to manage, making me love and appreciate him even more then I already did. Luckily my amazing job is only like that a couple months but what a learning experience that I was grateful to have. I hope you all were able to think about what/who you are thankful for and that you get to enjoy them this Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment